Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of those great mid week family meal ideas. Quick easy and inexpensive.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 130 g herb stuffing mix (I use sage and onion)
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock (concentrated, cube, powder, paste etc..)
- 30 g butter
- 12 slices bacon
- Note: I couldn't get it to accept gravy amounts. I use bisto gray and I use 2-3 Tablespoons for a thicker gravy, But just prepare according to the brand you buy.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to flatten slightly (about 1/4 inch).
- Add chicken stock and butter to cup and pour 1/2 cup of boiled water in, to dissolve. Prepare stuffing according to pack remembering to minus the 1/2 cup of water already added.
- Divide stuffing equally among breasts fold breast over to cover and wrap 3 bacon slices around each breast to secure.
- Lightly oil a baking dish and place breast inside. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180c for 35-45 Min's or until chicken is cooked through.
- Make gravy and serve.
- I serve mine with garlic buttered vegetables, buttery corn on the cob and chicken gravy.
This is my kind of meal, minimal ingredients & superb flavour. This is oh so yummy, hubby was most impressed. I usually buy stuffed chicken breasts but why bother now with how simple & tasty this is. Great recipe, thanks for posting!
Excellent flavors and so easy to put together. I used Stove Top Savory Herb Stuffing Mix which we love and I had some delicious Applewood Smoked Bacon which added a nice flavor to this dish. I microwaved my bacon for about 2 1/2 minutes before wrapping my chicken breast and that worked out very well. Served with remaining stuffing and sweet corn for a great meal. Thanks for sharing. Will make this one again. Made for the Feb. Aussie Swap :)