1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The inspiration for this recipe came from a recipe I found in Bon Appetit. I changed many of the ingredients because I wanted to use ingredients I actually had on hand so I wouldn't have to make a trip to the grocery! The DH and I enjoyed the results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 link hot Italian sausage, casing removed, meat crumbled
- 1/2 cup Stove Top stuffing mix, can use regular bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 large boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices jalapeno-flavored bacon (that's what I had on hand)
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle chianti wine (dry red wine)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth (homemade)
- 14 ounces Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1Mix first 9 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2Lay 1 chicken thigh on work surface.
- 3Fill the area that the bone was removed with a generous 2 tablespoons of the stuffing mix.
- 4Wrap the thigh around the stuffing and tie with kitchen string to hold it together.
- 5Repeat with remaining thighs and stuffing.
- 6Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8Add bacon; sauté until light brown and fat is rendered, about 5 minutes.
- 9Drain bacon on paper towels.
- 10Add chicken to drippings in skillet; cook until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- 11Transfer to plate.
- 12Add onion and garlic to skillet; sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 13Return the bacon to the skillet.
- 14Add wine; boil until mixture is reduced to 2 cups, about 12 minutes.
- 15Add broth, tomatoes, basil and chicken thighs; bring to boil.
- 16Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- 17Transfer chicken to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- 18Simmer sauce in skillet until slightly thickened and reduced to 4 cups, about 10 minutes.
- 19Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 20Meanwhile , cook egg noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- 21Transfer noodles to a large platter and top with chicken and sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chicken Thighs Braised in Chianti
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.3
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 200.9 mg
- Sodium 911.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Stove Top stuffing mix