Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The DH is a huge chicken fan -- But only the thigh meat. He could eat chicken 7 days a week. I try to give him plenty of variety. This is one of his favorites.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed, meat crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces stewed tomatoes, drained, reserve juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 small green pepper, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Combine the chorizo and parsley.
- Stuff the thighs with equal portions of mixture. Fold thighs around stuffing. Secure with toothpicks or kitchen string.
- Dredge in 2 T. of the flour.
- Shake off excess.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on med-high heat.
- Add chicken and saute' until golden brown on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add remaining flour to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture is light brown and smooth.
- Gradually stir in the juice from the tomatoes and water.
- Cook until mixture has thickened.
- Add tomatoes and green pepper to skillet.
- Top with the chicken thighs.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, discard toothpicks or kithen string. (Needlenose pliers work great to remove toothpicks. Have a pair just for work in the kitchen).
- Top each chicken thigh with a slice of swiss cheese. Let simmer, uncovered, for another 10 minutes, or so, to let cheese melt.
- Yummy served over rice or noodles.