Chicken thighs stuffed with sautéed mushrooms, wilted spinach, and shredded Monterey jack cheese. This dish is light-tasting and a little sweet.
- Wash and pat dry chicken thighs; lay them flat, inside up.
- Slice mushrooms and sauté with salt and pepper until they are brown; remove from heat.
- Wash and stem spinach.
- Chop spinach and add to mushrooms, tossing to wilt.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of this filling on each chicken thigh, evenly dispersing the remaining filling among the thighs as needed.
- Divide cheese among chicken thighs.
- Close the thighs with toothpicks (I used three per thigh) and place in a pie dish.
- Sprinkle paprika, crushed tarragon, and garlic salt over the thighs.
- Drizzle honey over all.
- Add water to the pie pan, cover with foil, and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with steamed veggies, rice, and a fruit salad.