Recipe by Annie H
Chicken thighs stuffed with sautéed mushrooms, wilted spinach, and shredded Monterey jack cheese. This dish is light-tasting and a little sweet.
Top Review by Nancy L.
AMAZING! I am, by NO means, a cook, of ANY kind, but, I made this for my husband for our 1 year anniversary, and he was BLOWN AWAY! THANK YOU for a WONDERFUL recipe, to make a beautiful memory.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 113.39 g mushrooms
- 14.17 g fresh spinach
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 85.04 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml tarragon
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 44.37 ml honey
- 118.29 ml water
- 28.34 g monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pat dry chicken thighs; lay them flat, inside up.
- Slice mushrooms and sauté with salt and pepper until they are brown; remove from heat.
- Wash and stem spinach.
- Chop spinach and add to mushrooms, tossing to wilt.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of this filling on each chicken thigh, evenly dispersing the remaining filling among the thighs as needed.
- Divide cheese among chicken thighs.
- Close the thighs with toothpicks (I used three per thigh) and place in a pie dish.
- Sprinkle paprika, crushed tarragon, and garlic salt over the thighs.
- Drizzle honey over all.
- Add water to the pie pan, cover with foil, and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with steamed veggies, rice, and a fruit salad.