1/2 Photos of Stuffed Chicken Thighs
1 hr 10 mins
Annie H's Note:
Chicken thighs stuffed with sautéed mushrooms, wilted spinach, and shredded Monterey jack cheese. This dish is light-tasting and a little sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and pat dry chicken thighs; lay them flat, inside up.
- 2Slice mushrooms and sauté with salt and pepper until they are brown; remove from heat.
- 3Wash and stem spinach.
- 4Chop spinach and add to mushrooms, tossing to wilt.
- 5Place about 2 tablespoons of this filling on each chicken thigh, evenly dispersing the remaining filling among the thighs as needed.
- 6Divide cheese among chicken thighs.
- 7Close the thighs with toothpicks (I used three per thigh) and place in a pie dish.
- 8Sprinkle paprika, crushed tarragon, and garlic salt over the thighs.
- 9Drizzle honey over all.
- 10Add water to the pie pan, cover with foil, and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 11Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- 12Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken and bake until the cheese is melted.
- 13Serve with steamed veggies, rice, and a fruit salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 268.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 19.3 g