Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yet another great dish from The Olive Garden. This is from their websire. This is no Knock off! One of my Favorites. Link to their websire: http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/
CHEESE FILLING or CHICKEN
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup smoked gouda cheese, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6-8 oz each)
FOR SIENA SAUCE or PASTA
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup small caper, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 29 ounces tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 leaves sweet basil, chopped
- 1 lb pasta (your choice)
- CHEESE FILLING: MIX all cheese filling ingredients in a mixing bowl until well-blended.
- Divide into 4 portions; refrigerate until ready to use.
- PREPARATION FOR CHICKEN: PLACE chicken on a cutting board and split to open.
- Spread cheese filling evenly on both sides.
- FOLD one side over to the other and repeat with other breasts.
- PLACE chicken in baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450ºF for 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- SIENA SAUCE: HEAT olive oil in a small sauce pot; add garlic and sauté for one minute (do not brown).
- Add bell peppers and sauté until al dente.
- Add olives and capers and stir.
- Add red wine and bring to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients except basil.
- BRING to a boil, reduce to low heat and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add basil to sauce and stir well; remove Siena sauce from heat.
- PLACE one chicken breast and drained, cooked pasta on each plate.
- Evenly distribute Siena sauce over chicken and pasta.
- Garnish with chopped basil.