Starfire (aka Wendy)'s Note:
Yet another great dish from The Olive Garden. This is from their websire. This is no Knock off! One of my Favorites. Link to their websire: http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CHEESE FILLING or CHICKEN
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda cheese, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6-8 oz each)
FOR SIENA SAUCE or PASTA
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped
- 1/4 cup small caper, rinsed
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 29 ounces tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 leaves sweet basil, chopped
- 1 lb pasta (your choice)
- 1CHEESE FILLING: MIX all cheese filling ingredients in a mixing bowl until well-blended.
- 2Divide into 4 portions; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3PREPARATION FOR CHICKEN: PLACE chicken on a cutting board and split to open.
- 4Spread cheese filling evenly on both sides.
- 5FOLD one side over to the other and repeat with other breasts.
- 6PLACE chicken in baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 7Bake at 450ºF for 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 8SIENA SAUCE: HEAT olive oil in a small sauce pot; add garlic and sauté for one minute (do not brown).
- 9Add bell peppers and sauté until al dente.
- 10Add olives and capers and stir.
- 11Add red wine and bring to a boil.
- 12Add remaining ingredients except basil.
- 13BRING to a boil, reduce to low heat and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- 14Add basil to sauce and stir well; remove Siena sauce from heat.
- 15PLACE one chicken breast and drained, cooked pasta on each plate.
- 16Evenly distribute Siena sauce over chicken and pasta.
- 17Garnish with chopped basil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chicken Siena (The Olive Garden - Official Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (675 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.7
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 168.7 mg
- Sodium 1225.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 58.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives