Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 hrs
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Flatten chicken to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Place ham and cheese on each breast.
- Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- Combine flour, parmesan cheese, sage, paprika,and pepper; coat chicken on all sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Combine soup and broth; pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.
This was great. I followed the recipe exactly. Well, I have a very large oblobg shaped crockpot so I doubled the cream of chicken soup and the broth amounts. I have made similar rollups like these before which were baked and they came out dry. These rollups in the gravy are so moist and flavorful. I will definetely make these again but might try using half the swiss inside each rollup and placing a slice on top right after removing from crockpot. If I ever open a restaurant, this will make the menu. Thanks for posting!
My husband just loved this recipe - sometimes chicken breasts can be so dry, but these were moist and wonderful. Next time I'll try them on the stovetop to see if it really makes any difference.
I didn't have sage so I used Durkees chicken and rib grill...it was a success at our pot-luck at work...everyone wants the recipe!