Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a recipe from Taste of Home that I have not tried yet but the picture looks yummy.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices cooked ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Flatten chicken to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Place ham and cheese on each breast.
- Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- Combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove toothpicks.
This was very good! My only suggestion is to cook in only in the 4 hour range. I left it in for 5 hours and the chicken was a bit dry. Other than that- wonderful recipe and very simple. Thanks for posting!
I saw this recipe posted and had to comment - I saw this recipe in the Taste of Home cookbook and made it. It was a BIG hit with my family. It is delicious!