Recipe by Karrie Massotti
Cheese and meat stuffed bacon wrapped chicken. Simple, inexpensive way to impress guests.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or chicken, broccoli, etc any cream soup will work)
- 1⁄4 lb pastrami (from deli works best but packaged is okay in a pinch)
- 1⁄4 lb corned beef (from deli works best but packaged is okay in a pinch)
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces turkey bacon (you can use real bacon if you prefer but it will make the saucing greasier and not as thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat 9 1/2 x 13 baking pan (glass is best) with cooking spray.
- Measure out 4 slices of pastrami and 4 slices of corned beef. Cut each of these in half (for new total of 8 slices) and set aside.
- Line bottom of baking pan with remaining sliced meat.
- Mix sour cream and soup together.
- Slice cheese in about ¼ inch slices. (Note, string cheese also works and saves on having to cut cheese).
- Place chicken on cutting board and put plastic wrap over top and then pound chicken flat. (Note; If you don't have a mallet, you can use a heavy pan.).
- Cut each pounded chicken breasts into 2 pieces.
- 1 piece of chicken.
- top with 1 piece of cut pastrami.
- top with 1 piece of cut corned beef.
- top with mozzarella cheese piece.
- Roll into a tight ball.
- Wrap each chicken roll with a slice of bacon and secure closed with a toothpick.
- Place rolls in baking dish on top of leftover deli meats.
- Repeat for remaining 7 pieces of chicken.
- Top with sour cream/soup mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Serve over egg noodles scooping up sauce mixture that will be formed as the sauce for the noodles.