Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Stuffed chicken for 6
- 1 1⁄2-1 7⁄8 kg chicken
- 500 -700 g minced turkey or 500 -700 g minced beef
- 1 kg potato
- 3 onions
- 2 pieces bread
- 300 g white mushrooms
- thyme, laurel
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- meatball spices
- Cut open the chest of a chicken of (1. 5 1. 8 Kg) and debone the ribs.
- Careful not to torn the skin.
- An easier way is to ask your butcher to do it!
- Filling; 500 gr minced turkey or minced beef.
- Cut 1 onion, then fry it slightly brown, let it cool.
- Soak 2 pieces of bread in water.
- Mince 300 gr of white mushrooms into very small bits.
- Mix 3+4+5+6 together, add spices, salt&pepper to liking (I use meatball spices) Slice 2 big onions in thin rings.
- Stuff the chicken with the filling mix, then with the big needle and wire, saw the chicken together again.
- Wash approx 1 kg potatoes, keep the skin, and slice them very thinly, like the onions.
- In a glass dish put 3 spoons of olive oil, then place the sliced onions, the potatoes add thyme and laurel, blend all together Make some room for the chicken in the middle.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours on 150-160 degrees C.
- Check the dish from time to time, moving the potatoes.
- The onions will caramelize and the potatoes will soak the chickens fats.
- If it bakes too hard, cover with aluminium foil, and lower the temperature.
- Before serving take the wires away.
- Leftovers (if any) are very tasty cold too!