Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
You will have filling left over which is great as a topping on toasted french bread slices. It can also be used as a spinach dip (but will be much denser than most dips).
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 medium button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 ounces goat cheese, you'll need more cream cheese if you leave it out (optional)
- 4 -5 dashes hot sauce, to taste (I use Cholula)
- 9 ounces frozen spinach
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (pressed or finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- prepared balsamic dressing (I use Bertolli brand)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Thaw, drain and squeeze spinach.
- Rinse, drain and squeeze artichoke hearts.
- Saute garlic with olive oil over med/high heat.
- Add cream cheese, goat cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, hot sauce, and garlic to med-low sauce pan. Stir until cheeses are melted and everything is combined.
- Flatten chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper.
- Put 2-3 tbs of spinach mixture onto each chicken breast, top with sliced mushrooms and then roll it up or fold it over.
- Brush with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-35 minutes (depends on how thinly you flattened the chicken breasts), taking them out about half way through to brush with more vinaigrette.