Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Stuffed chicken in a creamy sauce. Yummy and not too complicated! I adapted this recipe from one I found in a magazine
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup farmer cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Pound chicken breasts out flat until 1/4" thick.
- In small bowl, stir together the chopped broccoli, cheese, poultry seasoning, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, and 1/4 tsp salt. Roll 1/4 of this mixture inside each chicken breast and place in greased 8x8 baking dish, seam side down.
- In saucepan, whisk together chicken broth, sour cream, corn starch & 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to boil & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts in baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs and paprika. Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes or until baked through.
- Note: You can substitute cream of chicken soup for the sauce and/or cheddar or mozzarella for the farmers cheese if desired.
Sorry, but this sounded a little bland for my family's taste, so I added chopped scallions to the stuffing mixture and a little white pepper. Also added a pinch of garlic powder and onion powder to the sauce, and used smoked paprika. VERY good, and easy too! I'm sure it's delicious as is, but I know my husband and he wouldn't have liked it without the jazzing up