Recipe by Chef PamelaNell
Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Sweet Potatoes. Enjoy these flavors together. Different than usual Sweet Potato Casseroles. Just created it. Old boy friend was embarrassed to say chicken "breasts," called them chicken "chests" --in his memory, for this recipe, I'll call them "chests."
- 4 boneless chicken, chests split with pocket (Breasts)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup white wine (your choice)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup shred. coconut, fresh if desired
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices day-old bread (Pulse in food processor to equal approx. 3/4 Bread Crumbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (more if needed to moisten)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup mango, diced
- 4 medium size sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Make Stuffing for Chests-Saute in butter: Raisins, green pepper, garlic, onion, coconut. Once softened, add bread crumbs, ground Ginger, diced mango, beaten egg and white wine. Mixture should be moist and thick.
- Rinse and dry each chicken chest. Place approximately 2-3 Tbls stuffing mixture in each one (amt will depend on size of chest and pocket).
- Place each stuffed chicken chest in 13 x 9 casserole dish. Brush each chest with 1 teaspoons Olive Oil. Add 1 cup each of White Wine and Chicken stock to dish.
- Bake approximately 45 min or until done and juices run clear.
- While chests are baking in oven - Microwave the Sweet Potatoes until soft. (Time is approximately of 5 - 7 min for 4 potatoes in 1100 watt microwave). When potatoes are done, remove from microwave and cool until easy to handle. Scoop potato into bowl. Mash until smooth. Add 2 Tbls. Butter, 1 Tbls Brown Sugar & 1 Tbls. Lime Juice. Mix well. Return to microwave to heat thoroughly (approx. 2 min or less).
- To serve/plate Stuffed Chicken Chests -.
- Place large scoop of Sweet Potato mixture on individual plate. Just to side, touching the potatoes, place baked chicken chest. Top with approximately 1 Tbls. pan drippings, if desired.