Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Found online posted by Victoria Abbott Riccardi. Sounds like an easy summer meal that will LOOK like it took hours to make.
Top Review by teresas
We enjoyed this chicken dish...but did think it lacked some additional flavor...the basil was the only stand out taste we got...we really aren't sure were the tomatoes came in...they really didn't fit the dish...we loved the gooey cheese mozzarella...very easy to prepare although I think my breast were on the large side because I needed to cook them a bit longer...thanks for posting it! =)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 113.39 g reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1.23 ml salt, divided
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- With small knife, make horizontal slit in chicken breasts to create pockets, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Sandwich 1 cheese slice between 2 basil leaves; stuff into pockets. Secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil; heat until hot Cook chicken 5 minutes; turn.
- Scatter tomatoes over chicken; sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle chicken with torn basil.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.