Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can up with this after trying the sandwich at Disney World's Min & Bill's Dockside Diner. I use the Tuscan Garden brand dressing from Aldi.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 2 thin sourdough bread or 2 french bread French baguettes
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill or broil 5 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled chicken, lettuce and parmesan. Stir in the salad dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut the loaves in half crosswise to form 4 loaves. Hollow out the loaves leaving about 1/2 inch border on all sides. Toast the loaves in the oven until slightly crispy and warm on the insides.
- Spoon the salad mixture into the bread. Serve immediately.