Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very tasty main dish.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 large shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced or 2 tablespoons scallions
- 1 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1⁄3 cup Chardonnay wine
- Butterfly 4 of the breasts and pound lightly. Avoid tearing the tissue.
- Cut remaining chicken into 1" cubes. Put the cubes into a blender (or processor) and begin to blend adding the cream & Tobasco.
- Blend throughly. Arrange 2 of the shrimp close together in the center of each flattened breast half. Spoon an equal portion of the blended mixture over the shrimp. Fold the chicken to close it completely.
- Heat 1T butter in a skillet large enough to hold the chicken in one layer. Add the onions & shallots and cook until wilted. Slice off the core end of the tomato and cut into 1/2" cubes. Add to the skillet. Add thyme, basil and wine. Arrange breast halves and bring to a boil. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Plate the chicken. Reduce the sauce and drizzle over chicken.