1/1 Photo of Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Pesto Cream Sauce
The pesto cream sauce is the highlight of this recipe and can even be used for other recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound chicken breasts to an even 1/4 inch thickness and set aside.
- 2Snap off tough bottoms of asparagus.
- 3Place in boiling water and cover for 1 minute.
- 4Drain, rinse with cold water; then pat dry.
- 5Cut asparagus 3 inch lengths.
- 6Cut cheese into sticks 1/2 inch high x 1/2 inch wide by 3 inches long.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Combine bread crumbs, parmesan and pine nuts in a bowl.
- 9In another bowl beat eggs with a fork.
- 10Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 11Place a stick of colby and an asparagus spear next to one long edge of each breast.
- 12Roll breast around ingredients tucking in ends to form a neat package.
- 13Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- 14Dip each package in egg and then in breadcrumb mixture.
- 15Make a double coating by dipping again into egg then crumbs.
- 16Place packages in a baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- 17While the chicken is baking combine pesto and cream in a small saucepan.
- 18Bring to a boil and reduce 2 minutes until lightly thickened.
- 19Serve pesto cream sauce over stuffed chicken breasts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Pesto Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.1
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 254.9 mg
- Sodium 466.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 42.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: