Prep 35 mins
Cook 50 mins
Involtini di Petti di Pollo-serve this chicken at your next dinner party or anniversary dinner if you want to impress! The chicken roll is stuffed with asparagus, prosciutto and cheese and is topped with a marsala accented mushroom cream sauce. The recipe is from the R.S.V.P. section of a November 1986 issue of Bon Appetit and was requested from Lofurno's Italian restaurant in Seattle, Washington.
- 12 (6 ounce) boneless chicken breasts, skinned and trimmed
- 12 prosciutto, slices (thin)
- 3⁄4 lb bel paese cheese, cut into 12 oblongs
- 24 asparagus spears, blanched 1 minute and trimmed to 4-inch lengths
- 3⁄4 lb freshly grated mixed parmesan and romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- olive oil
- all-purpose flour
- 1 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup dry marsala
- 6 cups whipping cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Arrange chicken breasts shiny side down.
- Cover each with 1 prosciutto slice, set Bel Paese cheese oblong in center, place 2 asparagus spears beside cheese and sprinkle with about 3 tablespoons Parmesan mixture, then parsley. Roll up tightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat thin layer of oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge chicken rolls in flour, shaking off excess.
- Arrange seam side down in skillet and brown on both sides.
- Transfer to baking sheet; pour oil over- do not wash skillet.
- Bake chicken until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set skillet over high heat.
- Add mushrooms and Marsala.
- Tilt pan, heat wine and ignite.
- When flames subside, boil until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add cream and boil until reduced to saucelike consistancy; season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, set 2 chicken rolls on each plate, spoon Marsala sauce over and serve.