Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
7 points. The secret ingredient in this recipe is the Marsala wine because if the deep smoky flavor it adds to the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, minced
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half (4 breasts)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 ounce white sauce mix (1/2 of a 1.8 oz package such as Knorr)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook 6 minutes. Add spinach and parsley; cook 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in bread crumbs, egg white, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Insert a clean, sharp knife into the thickest side of each chicken breast. Make a 2 inch slit. Cut to, but not through the opposite side. Holding the knife blade parallel to the cutting board, guide the blade around the inside, creating a pocket. Be careful not to cut through the sides.
- Divide the mushroom mixture between the 4 breasts. Stuff into the pockets.
- Wipe the pan clean with paper towels. Heat 2 tsp oil in pan over medium heat; add chicken. Cook 5 minutes, turning frequently, until browned. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 13 minutes or until done at 400°F.
- Add wine to pan; cook 2 minutes over medium heat, scraping pan to loosen bits.
- Whisk together cream sauce mix, broth, and milk; add to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon sauce onto serving plates; arrange chicken over sauce.
- Yields 4 servings: 1 breast and about 1/4 cup sauce).
This is easily "Top 5" including anything I've ever eaten. This recipe is absolutely incredible, it is THAT good. Thanks for sharing.
It was eatible but wasn't allll thattt. Sauce need's work.
I'm giving this 4 stars because I really liked the stuffed chicken breasts but didn't care for the sauce. I ended up throwing it out and making my own. It was more like a gravy than a cream sauce. Thanks for sharing.