Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I had this saved from another website, but I can't remember which
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in (1 1/4 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese (2 oz) or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted or 2 teaspoons margarine
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease 9-inch square pan. Remove bones from chicken breasts. Do not remove skin. Loosen skin from chicken breasts.
- In medium bowl, mix cheese, nutmeg and spinach until well blended. Spread one-fourth of mixture evenly between meat and skin of each chicken breast. Smooth skin over breasts, tucking under loose areas. Place chicken, skin sides up, in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered 45 to 55 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).