Recipe by MadzMom
This is from my favorite cookbook: Cooking In The Nude. While I don't partake in what the title suggests, I do love all the recipes within! Its full of wonderful and unique recipes geared toward a romantic dinner a deux. This one sounds delicious! I've been dying to try it!
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, halved
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover chicken with wax paper and flatten breats with mallet.
- Season inside and out with salt& pepper.
- Mix all ingredients in Step Two together and set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to blend.
- Place half the stuffing on one end of each breast, roll meat around filling, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place stuffed breasts in au gratin dishes.
- Pour half the banana Grand Marnier sauce over chicken and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, basting once.
- Top breasts with sliced bananas and spoon remaining sauce over chicken.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes and serve.