Recipe by Skadoodler
I was making a recipe for chicken stuffed with herbs and cheese and totally missed more than half the recipe so this is what came of it and is now a favorite in my house.
Top Review by children from A to Z
I made this last night for dinner and it was very easy and everyone loved it. The only change I made was I didn't have Mrs. Dash so I used Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Thanks for an easy and good dinner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 lb softened butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Discard all of the fat and connecting tissue on the chicken breasts.
- Pound them to a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
- Set aside.
- Mix the parsley, oregano, Mrs.
- Dash together.
- Whip the butter and then add the herbs.
- Take the chicken and lay them flat.
- Spread half of the butter mixture evenly between the four chicken breasts.
- Top the butter with cheese divided between all chicken.
- Roll the chicken breasts tightly around the cheese and butter.
- Place the chicken rolls into the oil and cook until lightly browned,about five minutes.
- Transfer them to a baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the remaining butter and pour over the chicken rolls.
- Place in the oven and and bake about fifteen minutes.
- Basting them with the melted butter occasionaly.
- Pour the pan drippings over them when you serve.