Top Review by Husker Fan
I tried this recipe tonight, and it was excellent! I didn't use chicken breasts with skin on, instead I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut a pocket into them to hold the filling. Then since I couldn't pick up a hint of the nutmeg in the filling I added a pinch or two more of the nutmeg. I also sprinkled on onion powder and granulated garlic. The house smelled soooo good while it was baking. My picky little ones inhaled this. KEEPER!!! when the little ones eat with no complaints. Thank you for posting a terrific recipe!
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
Smoked Gouda and Spinach Stuffing
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease square pan,9x9x2 inch.
- Loosen skin from chicken breast halves by inserting fingers between skin and meat,gently separate in center but leave skin attached at sides.
- Prepare smoked gouda and spinach stuffing.
- Spread 1/4 of stuffing between meat and skin of each chicken breast.
- Smooth skin over breasts tucking under loose areas.
- Place chicken skin side up in pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered 45-55 minutesm or until juice is no longer pink.
- For Stuffing: Mix cream cheese,gouda cheese and nutmeg,combine well.
- Stir in spinach.