Recipe by Rita~
Found this at the Lundburg Family sight! Wehani A spectacular aromatic mahogany long grain with a savory musky nut-like flavor with great versatility and the ability to carry nearly any flavor profile well. Excellent in stuffings, salads, side dishes, entrees, pilafs and some desserts.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
I thought this chicken was lovely and delicious. After consulting with the recipe poster, she told me that I could use any wild rice in this. I used a 7-grain wild rice mixture that I thought tasted great and still gave it the nuttiness required. I baked mine for 10 minutes, flipped them over, then baked another 12 minutes and they came out tender, fully cooked, and juicy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb pounded to 1/4" thickness)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked wehani rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1⁄4 cup minced tomatoes
- 1 ounce finely shredded mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dry basil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Combine rice, tomato, cheese, dried and fresh basil and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Spoon rice mixture on top of pounded chicken breasts; fold over and secure sides with wooden toothpicks soaked in water.
- Wipe off outsides of chicken breasts with paper towel.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cooked stuffed chicken breasts 1 min on each side or until just golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.