Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1⁄4 cup minced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons toasted rice bran (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- To toast rice bran, spread on baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Season insides of chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt.
- Combine rice, tomato, cheese, bran, basil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon rice mixture on top of pounded chicken breasts; fold over and secure sides with wooden toothpicks soaked in water.
- Wipe off outsides of chicken breasts with paper towel.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cook stuffed chicken breasts 1 minute on each side or just until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.