1/5 Photos of Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Luny's Note:
I dont like having the same ole boring food all the time. Its why I'm always getting creative! This turned out so good, I wanted seconds!! I love exploding flavors from the inside out and this is a favorite! Its heavenly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup green pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup red pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup carrot (diced)
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 cups Baby Spinach (diced)
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 (10 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1Preheat oven 375°F.
- 2In a small frying pan on medium heat, add olive oil then the bell peppers, onions, carrots, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and dash of pepper. Fry for 5 minutes then add in the baby spinach.
- 3Fry until the baby spinach is limp then add in the bacon bits. You want to add the bacon bits last so the bacon flavour don't get lost in the garlic. Turn off stove and set aside.
- 4To prepare for chicken breasts, I cut off the access fat and rinsed chicken under cold water. Then lay chicken breast down on cutting board with the chunky side north and the tip south. I cut a slit (about half way in) like a half moon shape with a sharp knife. Then I folded back the edges to make a pocket.
- 5Spoon in the veggie mixture in each chicken breast pocket then place in a deep casserole dish. Sprinkle top of chicken with your favorite seasoning blend like Mrs. Dash table blend. You might have left over veggie mix, I suggest adding it in mash potatoes or top some baked potatoes.
- 6Bake for 35 minutes and then take out of oven. I usually take the chicken breasts out of the casserole dish. Take a tablespoon of feta cheese and place in the chicken pocket. Don't be afraid to stuff it inches Open the can cream of chicken soup and place in the casserole dish. Mix together with the chicken juices and you have a instant gravy.
- 7Place chicken back in casserole dish and feel your mouth water as the soup oozes up the chicken. Then cook for 15mins and you have mm good chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.0 mg
- Sodium 253.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cream of chicken soup