Recipe by ngibsonn
Good stuffed chicken breasts.
Top Review by Derf
Wonderful flavoured chicken. Loved the lemon / sun dried tomato combination. The only thing I did diferently from the recipe was to spray veggies spray on both sides of the stuffed chicken pieces to help it brown and I did scale the recipe back for 2. We will make this again, thanks for posting!
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil or 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 5 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
Directions See How It's Made
- If using oil packed tomatoes, drain and finely chop.
- If using dried tomatoes, cover tomatoes with boiling water in a bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain and finely chop.
- Place 2 Tbs.
- chopped tomatoes and half the lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Add butter, parsley and salt.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine remaining tomatoes and zest in another bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Using a sharp knife, cut horizontally through the center of each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- Do not cut all the way through.
- Divide tomato and lemon zest mixture into equal portions and spread in pocket of each chicken breast.
- Turn on broiler.
- Arrange chicken on a broiler pan and place 4 inches from heat source.
- Broil 5 minutes.
- Turn and broil another 4 minutes.
- Spread tomato and butter mixture over chicken breasts.
- Broil another 1-2 minutes or until chicken is opaque throughout.