Recipe by cookiedog
I am dedicating this recipe to my taste tester who put up with, (and I think actually enjoyed) all of my trials and errors. This ones for you!
Top Review by **Jubes**
and loved that they were baked in the oven. I used gluten-free breadcrumbs and added my own Italian seasoning. I used frozen spinach as that was what I had- ensured it was well squeezed out before using. I found them a little tricky to roll but they were a dish you could serve to company.
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach leaves, washed and stems removed
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place spinach leaves in a bowl with a few tablespoons of water. Cook in microwave for 20 seconds or until leaves are limp. Drain water and set aside.
- Place a chicken breast between plastic wrap and pound to 1/4 inch thickness using a mallet or rolling pin. Repeat with remaining breasts. Sprinkle both sides of each breast generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix the spinach, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic. Place 1/3 of this mixture on each breast and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the dried basil and garlic salt.
- Dredge breasts in flour, then roll in beaten egg and roll in the bread crumbs making sure to get the ends of the rolls coated as well.
- Place in a buttered 9X9 square pan and bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove toothpicks and serve.