Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
These rolls are so versatile.You can change the filling to make them your way.They look good on the plate and taste even better.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Flatten chicken between plastic, to 1/4 inch thick.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with spinach, roasted red pepper, garlic, parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper until combined.
- Spoon equal amount of mixture across narrow end of each breast.
- Roll jelly roll style tucking in the ends.
- Dip in flour, next the beaten egg; roll in breadcrumbs.
- In baking dish arrange chicken seam side down in one layer.
- At this point refrigerate a few hours so your breading will adhere to the rolls.
- When ready to cook; remove from refrigerator.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- *****After 30 minutes lower oven to 350*.
- I told you these were versatile.
- Go for brie cheese, chopped mushrooms, ham,.
- pine nuts, pistachios, crab meat etc.Try whatever you fancy.It will be a hit!
This is excellent. Loved the flavors of the cream cheese mixture and I can see where this would be very versatile to meet any taste. I sauteed my spinach with 4 garlic cloves before adding to the cream cheese. These were fairly easy to make. Was worried that I would lose the stuffing but it held together well. I used the extra cream cheese mixture and spread some on crescent rolls before rolling up and baking, which turned our really nice. Thanks Rita Made for ZWT4
thank you for such an easy to follow recipe, this was absolutely delicious. I changed the bread crumbs to a polenta/parmesan cheese mix and it turned out really nicely. I will definately be making these again.