Recipe by NewMama23
One of the easiest stuffed chicken recipes I've ever invented. So here I was looking for some stuffed chicken recipes and thought they were all so tempting, but I was lazy and made up my own. Make sure chicken breasts are slightly frozen, makes them easier to slice.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to about 400 degrees.
- You'll want to slice your chicken breast while they are frozen starting on the side of the chicken. While slicing, be careful not to cut all they way through. Then place chicken in a bowl of cold water to thaw.
- With a food mallet, beat the chicken until its tender.
- Mix chopped tomatoes with parsley, basil, rosemary, garlic, salt and olive oil.
- Once chicken is thawed, flatten out the chicken on a cutting board and in the center of the chicken, place a spoonful of tomato mix and a spoonful of cheese.
- Roll chicken, making sure that ends meet so your ingredients don't fall out.
- In a large dish, pour in bread crumbs.
- Roll chicken in bread crumbs until outside is completely covered.
- Spray a large baking dish with Pam or coat with butter.
- Place chicken in dish and put into the oven. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- The most important step, enjoy!