Recipe by KookieMomster
This is just a wild on the spot idea for a receipt request. I hope that it is as good as my other concoctions. I think that blue cheese would be complementary in the filling too, I will tinker with it sometime.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup apple butter (spiced is okay)
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- olive oil (as needed) or butter (as needed)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a shallow dish, whip eggs.
- Clean and rinse chicken.
- Cut a pocket into each breast horizontally.
- Mix bread crumbs and salt and pepper in another shallow dish.
- Sauté onions and celery in the pan that you intend to fry chicken inches.
- Remove and mix with parsley and apple butter.
- Stuff breasts and pat closed.
- Carefully dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry until browned.
- Place into a baking dish and bake for about half an hour or until fully cooked.