Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
stuffed with spinach, garlic, sundried tomatoes, bacon and mozzarella cheese. SO delicious and really lovely. Serve over your favorite pasta.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 slices sun-dried tomatoes, in oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup spinach, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup flour
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- vegetable oil
- Mix flour, basil and oregano in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast length wise about half way through - making a pocket.
- Stuff each chicken breast evenly with minced garlic, bacon, sun dried tomato, spinach, and mozzarella.
- Close each chicken breast with tooth picks.
- Coat both sides of chicken breasts with the seasoned flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, add chicken breasts.
- Cook each side until done(about 15 minutes total).
This is really good. I omitted the bacon as I served this with a Caesar salad. Also, I cooked this on the BBQ. Rather than dredge in flour I brushed the chicken with a little bit of oil from the tomatoes and sprinkled with the oregano and basil. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Very good dish. I think it might be a little more tender cooked slowly in the oven. I added a little basil pesto to each piece. I think it would improve this dish to sprinkle salt and pepper on the outside of the chicken. We also served it with salad as well as garlic bread. Nice meal.
This was fabulous! I used sundried tomato pesto as I had no sundried tomatoes, fresh blanched spinach, chopped, and I crumbled the bacon. It was sooo good.