Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family loves to scoop up the extra wine and cheese that melts out into the bottom of the pan and pour it over their rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup soft margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 4, 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Pound chicken breasts between wax paper until thin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine margarine with herbs. Spread mixture on the inside of chicken. Place slice of cheese on each piece of chicken and roll. Secure with a toothpick.
- Cover chicken with flour lightly and completely. Dip in egg. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in a pan and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Pour wine over chicken and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer.
This is a REALLY yummy recipe! I used it more as a base guideline though. After flattening the chicken I sprinkled with salt and cayanne pepper then spread a small amt. of butter over it and about 1/2 tsp of basil pesto. Added the cheese and rolled. For the breading I used 1/2 ital. bread crumbs and 1/2 panko. My pan was a bit on the large size so i used about a half a cup of wine to start with. It evaporated quickly and I then added a splash more along with some chicken broth. I added mozzarela (sp?) cheese over the top of the chicken in the last few minutes and to the pan for extra cheese for dipping. VERY VERY YUMMY!!
Absolutely Delicious!!! I did add a little more wine with just a little dab of butter in with the chicken :-) Thanks for the great recipe!