Recipe by Sharlene~W
A favorite from "San Francisco a la Carte". Easy and elegant.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Oh, Sharlene, you have a winner!! This recipe was easy to prepare. The stuffing of cream cheese, green onion, and tarragon was a perfect combination. The bacon wrapped around the chicken kept them moist and gave them a smoky bacon flavor. We absolutely love this recipe, and I will print up a new copy (mine got water and stuff on it) to put in my Tried and True Recipe Book. Thanks for posting it.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts carefully between pieces of wax paper to flatten.
- Dip breast pieces in lemon juice.
- Combine cream cheese, onions, tarragon and salt; place about 2 tablespoons of this mixture on each piece of chicken.
- Roll and wrap with a slice of bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick or skewer.
- Place in baking dish coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake, uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes.