Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A favorite from "San Francisco a la Carte". Easy and elegant.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts carefully between pieces of wax paper to flatten.
- Dip breast pieces in lemon juice.
- Combine cream cheese, onions, tarragon and salt; place about 2 tablespoons of this mixture on each piece of chicken.
- Roll and wrap with a slice of bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick or skewer.
- Place in baking dish coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake, uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes.
Oh, Sharlene, you have a winner!! This recipe was easy to prepare. The stuffing of cream cheese, green onion, and tarragon was a perfect combination. The bacon wrapped around the chicken kept them moist and gave them a smoky bacon flavor. We absolutely love this recipe, and I will print up a new copy (mine got water and stuff on it) to put in my Tried and True Recipe Book. Thanks for posting it.
Super recipe!! I added a tablespoon of garlic to the cream cheese mixture. They came out so moist and the bacon flavor really added to the taste. I used rather large chicken breasts and cooked then for an hour. Wonderful. Thanks Sharlene!!
These are ultimately the best, and probably one of my favorite recipes. The chicken breasts were tender and juicy, the cream cheese, onions, and tarragon really add flavor. I would probably grill them at the end of cooking so the bacon is crisper. I also used larger chicken breasts and cooked them for an hour. My family loved these and the kids wanted to know when I am cooking these again.I will be serving these at the next dinner party.