Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A favourite Dinner Party Dish,with Italian overtones!
- 75 g soft creamy cheese
- 30 ml pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 30 ml basil, finely chopped
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices parma ham
- 30 ml oil
- fresh basil leaf
- 250 ml cream
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml chives, snipped
- Mix together the soft cheese, pine nuts and chopped basil.
- Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place in a piping bag and keep aside.
- Remove the small fillet from each breast and keep aside.
- Use a knife to make a cut lengthwise down the center of each breast to form a pocket.
- Pipe an equal amount of filling into to each pocket.
- Keep aside.
- Spread the plastic film in front of you and place a slice of Parma ham on it.
- Place a second slice of ham so that it is slightly overlapping the first slice, then place a chicken breast on the slice of ham.
- Lift the film to help wrap the breast in the ham.
- Remove the film, brush the chicken breast with olive oil, wrap loosely in foil.
- Repeat to wrap the other breasts.
- Heat a roasting tray in a 190 C preheated oven.
- Place the chicken breast parcels on it and roast for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- Place the cream into a saucepan and reduce add seasoning.
- Blend in a liquidizer until smooth.
- Add the snipped chives.
- Remove the foil from the chicken breasts and arrange them on plates.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, garnish with basil leaves and serve.
very easy to prepare and tates wonderful!
This was a nice change of pace from the standard chicken breast recipe. I used a spicy spreadable cream cheese that added a nice kick. Sometimes the texture of pine nuts just doesn't work for me so I used toasted almonds instead of pine nuts. Also, didn't use the sauce and still had a great flavor. Nice entree to serve when you have company
This came out nice. I substituted pancetta for the proscuitto and to replicate the crispy effect, I opened the foil towards the end of the cooking time. I left off the sauce, because it tasted really bland to me, I think some spices could have kicked it up a bit. But I couldn't be bothered at the time. Very nice without. I substituted walnuts for the pine nuts because mine were spoiled. Nice nutty flavour.