Paella Pete's Note:
Succulent chicken breast stuffed with apple and leek infused sausage meat baked in a parcel of deep flavoured and slightly savoury crispy Parma ham. Delicious served with new potatoes, melted butter and steamed broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Create a marinade for the chicken using some brown sugar, red wine vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 2Score the chicken deep along its length but don't cut all the way through. Make some additional shallow cuts over the chicken to help absorb the marinade.
- 3Place the chicken in the marinade and ensure to work it into the cuts. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- 4Whilst the chicken is gathering flavour in the marinade prepare the stuffing. Remove the skins from the sausages and discard.
- 5Peel, core, and chop the apple. Slice and finely chop a couple of inches of the leek. Add the dried herbs and mix well into the sausage meat, wrap in clingfilm and place in the refrigerator.
- 6After an hour, rip the plum tomatoes and place a few good size pieces into the deep cut you made in the chicken breasts followed by the sausage meat.
- 7Pour a tablespoon of water over the stuffing. Now sprinkle the chicken with a good pinch of paprika.
- 8Wrap the chicken with the parma ham. Take four pieces of foil and wrap each breast loosely (we don’t want the foil to stick to the ham). Before sealing the foil add a tablespoon of water to help keep the meat moist whilst cooking.
- 9Place in a pre warmed over at 180c.
- 10After about 30 minutes open one of the foil parcels and check that the chicken is cooked. It may need a little a more time.
- 11When the chicken is cooked open the foil and return to the oven for 4 or 5 more minutes to dry the parma ham a little. The ham should be dry and slightly crisp in places.
- 12Carefully remove form the foil, server and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Parma Ham
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.2
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 223.0 mg
- Sodium 919.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 66.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: