Recipe by bggio
The multiple flavors in the stuffing blend well together and keep the breast moist and tender. My favorite chicken recipe--goes great with steamed asparagus and steamed potato.
Top Review by Lorrie H.
This recipe was delicious cooked on the grill. Due to dietary restrictions, the cheese was eliminated. The flavor was still excellent and the filling kept the chicken moist. My husband asked to have this dish again for dinner the next evening!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces spinach, chopped
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, fresh and large sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- butter, for greasing pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the chicken breast in half not going all the way through and spread open, lightly tap down flat with mallet.
- Salt and pepper breast on both sides to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add onion, pepper, 3 garlic cloves, mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms and onions soften.
- Now add spinach and basil leaves until spinach softens.
- Remove combination from frying pan and place in a bowl to add the feta cheese, the last garlic clove, salt and pepper to taste; mix completely.
- Place equal amounts of mixture on the breast and roll the breast. Secure with toothpick or string.
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter (any pan will do) and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.