The multiple flavors in the stuffing blend well together and keep the breast moist and tender. My favorite chicken recipe--goes great with steamed asparagus and steamed potato.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the chicken breast in half not going all the way through and spread open, lightly tap down flat with mallet.
- Salt and pepper breast on both sides to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add onion, pepper, 3 garlic cloves, mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms and onions soften.
- Now add spinach and basil leaves until spinach softens.
- Remove combination from frying pan and place in a bowl to add the feta cheese, the last garlic clove, salt and pepper to taste; mix completely.
- Place equal amounts of mixture on the breast and roll the breast. Secure with toothpick or string.
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter (any pan will do) and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.