Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I Got this recipe off this site, and then I modified it to fit our taste. This is one I will make often.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) package herbed croutons (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 (28 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits (save Juice and set aside)
- 1⁄4 cup real butter
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 10 -15 grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1) While preparing the food soak twenty toothpicks in water to hold chicken together.
- 2) In medium bowl mix 1 Large can of Pineapple Tidbits with juice, Capers, 3 tablespoons of sliced Almonds, 1 Tablespoon Parsley, Olive Oil, & Teriyaki Sauce, Let sit while preparing the chicken breast for stuffing, about 10 minutes.
- 3) Line baking dish with Foil (for easy clean-up) and spray with Pam Non stick spray.
- 4) Trim Chicken Breast and slice pocket in chicken breast.
- 5) Wash Mushrooms, Take the juice only from the Pineapple Caper mix and soak the mushrooms in it while stuffing the chicken breast.
- 6) Mix Garlic Herb Crushed Croutons with 1 of the Large can of Pineapple Tidbits and Juice, mix until moist. (do not over moist stuffing).
- 7) Fill Pocket in chicken breast with stuffing and pineapple mix.
- 8) Place in baking dish.
- 9) Return Juice from mushrooms to Pineapple Caper mix.
- 10) Place Mushrooms between and down the sides of chicken breast.
- 11) Bake for 1 hour covered.
- 12) After 1 hour remove cover and add Tomatoes, sprinkle top with parmesan cheese, and cook for 15 more minutes.
- 13) Remove Chicken from oven and let set 5 minutes.
- Pineapple, Caper Salsa.
- 1) Heat small skillet, add butter, when butter stops bubbling and just starts to turn brown add Pineapple and caper mix and cook on medium for 3 to 5 minutes to reduce.