Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is another recipe from Alberta, Company's Coming. Gourmet-style chicken, yet easy to do and so attractive to serve.
- 2 tablespoons hard margarine (or butter)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 cup coarse dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk, approximately
- 4 chicken breast halves
Marmalade Orange Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon frozen concentrated orange juice
- Stuffing: Melt margarine (or butter) in medium saucepan or frying pan on medium.
- Add onion and celery.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until onion is softened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add next 6 ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Add more milk, if needed, until stuffing is moist and holds together when squeezed.
- Pound chicken with mallet to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Divide and spoon stuffing on half of each piece.
- Fold over crosswise to cover stuffing.
- Secure with wooden picks.
- Transfer to 1 1/2 quart dish.
- Marmalade Orange Sauce: Heat marmalade and concentrated orange juice in small saucepan on low, stirring often, until smooth.
- Spoon some over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, in 325°F oven for about 45 minutes until tender.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange on individual plates.
- Spoon more sauce over top.
- Serves 4.
This is a great dish but I would make double the stuffing and double the sauce. Great combinations of flavor...pretty too, wish I had taken a pic to post. It's a keeper at our house!
This is really a great recipe, although I admit to changing one thing ~ I doubled the ingredients for the sauce, 'cause I KNEW right away that I'd want much more of it to go with the brown rice side dish I had! Even at that I'd have been happy with more! Still, that didn't affect the taste, which was GREAT! I'll definitely be keeping this recipe around! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my 'Chicken Breast' theme in My-3-Chefs]