I saw this recipe on a PBS channel here in CA. My family loves it because the cheese makes it taste so tangy. It's ever so simple to make. Tip - here in CA it's much cheaper to buy Feta Cheese at a club. I cook the breast with the skin to keep it moist but we don't eat it because of the fat content.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Crumble Feta Cheese into a medium sized bowl.
- 3Put Italian Seasoning in palm and crush it as you sprinkle it over the cheese as this releases more flavor.
- 4Add garlic & onion powder, salt & pepper.
- 5Mix together with fork.
- 6Turn the breast so that the thickest part is facing you.
- 7With a sharp knife cut a pocket in the breast - make sure you don't cut all the way through on any of the three sides. You can cut right along the rib which I find is much easier.
- 8Separate the Feta Mixture into 6 equal portions (or whatever amount of breasts you are making). Stuff each portion of the Feta Mixture into the pocket of one breast.
- 9Flatten the mixture by pressing down on the top part of the pocket then slightly pull the top of the pocket over the cheese. As it cooks the meat will contract a little bit and the cheese will 'pop' out. If you don't cover it the cheese will spill out all over the place.
- 10Spray boiler pan with Cooking Spray & place chicken on pan.
- 11Cook for no more than 45 minutes or chicken will be tough & dry.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Chicken Breast W/feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 565.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning