Prep 8 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Only 3 ingredients for this elegant finger food! No one will guess that the "pate" is just ham and cheese. Prep time includes 8 hours chilling time.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a medium roasting pan.
- Combine the ham and cheese in a food processor and process, using the steel knife, until mixture is smooth, like a pate.
- Divide into 8 equal portions, each the size of an Italian sausage to match the length of the chicken breast, crosswise.
- Put 1 ham and cheese roll onto the center of a whole chicken breast.
- Wrap each side of the breast around the roll and place in a buttered roasting pan, seam side down.
- Assemble all the breasts the same way.
- Place the stuffed breasts side by side, so that they fit snugly together.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Drain and discard fat and juices.
- Cover pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Skin the breasts.
- Cut each breast, crosswise, into thin slices, about 10 per breast.
- Arrange in layers on a serving platter.
Spectacular recipe! Not that difficult to make, but sooo impressive looking. I've made this dish several times now, occasionally making a substitution or two along the way. I have substituted cooked shrimp for the cooked ham, and also tried this with several different kinds of cheese including mozzarella, cheddar, brick and parmigiano reggiano. All good, but the ham & swiss seems to work the best. Cheers! The Gallumphing Gourmand