Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded evenly
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- oil, for frying
- Butterfly chicken and pound lightly to even thickness. You don't want it to be thin, you just want it to be even.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Preheat pan with oil to pan fry chicken.
- Layer the spinach, sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese on 1/2 of the chicken and fold over the other half to cover.
- Secure with toothpick.
- Pan fry the chicken until done, about 8-10 minutes on each side.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil and toast pine nuts for about 1 minute.
- Add shallots and sweat.
- Add white wine, chicken broth, and heavy cream and let simmer, reduce by half.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate chicken and ladle sauce over it.
Wow! This was fabulous! Definitely a dish you could serve to company. I used cream cheese in place of the goat cheese and otherwise followed the recipe. The sauce is divine! Great job on your contest entry Brisket!