Recipe by Shawn C
Just a little invention my husband came up with, but was a keeper for sure!
Top Review by Miina
This was DELIGHTFUL! I had some leftover "Parmesan Lemon Herb Brown Rice w/Shredded Carrot" that I used. I only had 1/4 cup of mozzarella on hand so I used some shredded provolone, one tomato (all I had on hand), and I also used the Greek Seasoning that I made myself (the day before) from a recipe found online. It was very delicious, and we didn't find anything unappealing (like greasiness) with the bed of rice that the stuffed chicken breasts baked upon or labor intensive. Will definitely make this again and again - thank you - very nice meal!
- 3 whole chicken breasts, halves with rib attached is best
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package Uncle Ben's Ready Rice, butter and garlic flavor
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- seasoning, of choice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice open each breast to make a pocket for stuffing, I usually make the pocket between the breast front and the tenderloing part pushing back as far as i can without going all the way through.
- Season outside with your favorite seasonings I prefer Cavendar's greek seasoning it is very mild and is better than just salt and pepper.
- rice is already cooked so just mix with tomatoes and cheese throughly.
- OVERstuff chicken breasts with rice mixture (secure with toothpicks if desired).
- In skillet over medium high heat quickly brown the outside of chicken in olive oil.
- Spraying the shallow baking dish with butter flavored pam adds to the dish. layer extra rice in dish and then place brown chicken atop rice, sprinkle chicken with lemon juice if desired. cover well with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 remove foil and backe additional 20 mintues or until chicken is done.
- Serve over small bed of remaining rice alongside of steam asparagus or broccoli or a garden salad.