Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Now that grilling season is over I didn't know what to do with a large split chicken breast. It seemed too large to sautee so I dreamed up this recipe. We both loved it!
- 1 large boneless chicken breast half (1/2 of a whole breast)
- 1⁄2 cup pepperidge farm seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mince celery and onion and add to stuffing mix. Add melted margarine and chicken broth and mix well. Rinse and trim chicken and lay flat with cut side up; salt and pepper to taste. Spread stuffing mixture evenly on chicken. Fold up and secure with metal skewers. Season outside with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Place in baking pan and cook for 40-45 minutes until chicken is done and stuffing is slightly browned.
Mark and I love this! He loves gravy on it too. It's so easy to make, and it turns out good every time.
this recipe is awesome! its easy to make and my family loved it!! the flavor of all the ingredients are great!!thanks for sharing!