Recipe by franja
I had two boneless skinless chicken breasts that needed using and half a container of soft goat's cheese... need I say more?
Top Review by lazyme
This was a really great chicken recipe. I love goat cheese and the fresh basil really was a nice complement. The bacon kept it moist and juicy. Thanks franja for a nice keeper. Made for Bargain Basement tag.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 100 g soft goat's cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 slices lean back bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Butterfly chicken breasts, spread each with half the cheese, sprinkle with shredded basil. Fold breast back into shape and fix by wrapping in bacon rasher. Wrap tightly in cling film and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Remove cling film and place chicken on baking tray, brush with very little oil and bake for 30-40 mins, depending on size of breasts.
- I serve with mixed salad and baby new potatoes.
- It's very simple to prepare, and can be made well in advance so it's a good option for a dinner party.
- Can be served hot or cold.