Recipe by Ladybug II
Great chicken dish served with pasta
Top Review by Bev
My husband and I enjoyed this recipe for supper tonight. I used fresh spinach which I chopped in my food processor. I couldn't help but think how good this recipe would be if you used a freshly made Marinara Sauce to serve over the chicken, with a side of linguine, and a green salad with Italian dressing and crispy Italian bread! Yummy!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup spinach
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a slit in each of the chicken breast.
- dip each chicken breast in the egg white.
- Roll each chicken breast in the bowl breadcrumbs.
- mix cheeses, spinach, onion, garlic, oregano.
- Stuff each chicken breast with the above mixture.
- Bake the chicken breast in oven at 400 for 55-60 minutes.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and serve.