Recipe by Charles Lieberman
The idea, althugh not this particular recipe, started as an attempt to reverse-engineer Chicken Kiev, but even before I made it I knew this wasn't it. I like garlic and not much else; obviously the specifics aren't carved in stone.
Top Review by Tinat51796
I think this is a good recipe in theory but I did have to make some revisions. I'm not sure if my chicken breasts weren't big enough but I had trouble stuffing them with the cheese. I tied them with chicken string and baked them at 350F for about 45-50 minutes. The flavor was great!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the chicken breasts.
- Cut a deep pocket in each piece, but don't go all the way through.
- Fill the pockets with cheese-- be sure it's fairly deep.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and the garlic.
- Holding the cut end closed, dip each piece in the egg, then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Fry at 360 F for seven minutes.