Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a quick and easy meal to throw together one night for the family. Down home taste without the hassle and fuss!!
- 1 (15 ounce) boxof your favorite seasoned stuffing mix (Stove Top)
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl pour stuffing mix and water.
- Open chicken breasts, and if they are too thick to fold in half flatten and stretch them by placing on cutting board and using heavy rolling pin roll out chicken until it is able to be folded in half.
- Give the stuffing a quick mix with a spoon.
- Spoon stuffing onto one half of the chicken and fold chicken breast over to cover.
- Place Breasts in baking pan (I used an 8 inch square, but whatever they fit best in).
- Continue stuffing breasts until all breasts are used.
- If you have left over stuffing go back and open breasts and continue stuffing until all stuffing is used.
- Combine Soup and sour cream.
- Spread over chicken breasts
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes to an hour until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- NOTE: Stove top is a popular brand; however I went to Aldi's food store and purchased their brand of Cranberry Nut Stuffing mix and it worked splendidly.
Very yummy. Also does well in the crock-pot. I used toothpicks to hold the chicken together.
I made this for 2 very picky kids who usually will only eat plain chicken. They loved it and so did I!