Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this recipe from what I had in the fridge at the time, it's my boyfriend's favourite and it's requested constantly! In the winter I sometimes cover the chicken with breadcrumbs and substitute goats cheese for brie and chutney for cranberry sauce, it's a perfect meal for around Christmas!
- 4 trimmed skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices good parma ham (thin slices)
- 4 tablespoons soft mild goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons caramelized onion, chutney
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- In a thick fry pan melt butter and gently brown the outside.
- Salt and pepper.
- After breasts are browned remove from pan and place in an oven-proof dish, and cover.
- Cook until done.
- Take them out and let cool for 5 minutes.
- When cooled, slice length-ways in half with a very sharp knife.
- Spread flat side with goats cheese and chutney.
- Close breast and wrap in parma ham.
- Continue steps for other breasts and place back in oven-proof dish in the oven without cover for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.